Whether you are a new or returning choir member, we are so excited to have you joining us this year, which promises to be the best one yet! We’ll be practicing every Thursday from 3:45 – 4:45 in the basement of the Mimico Baptist Church at 80 Hillside Ave. With a wide variety of spiritual, classical, folk and musical theatre repertoire – and some exciting special performances – there is something for everyone!
We ask that you please take the time to read through your Registration package carefully, and to fill out every section prior to handing your package back in at rehearsal on Thursday, September 24th.
Three quick notes:
- Fees: If you are a returning choir member you will notice that in an effort to facilitate participation there has been no change in fees for this year. We ask that families who are able to, to please consider giving an added donation to the choir to help offset rising costs, and to allow us to continue to offer bursaries for qualifying families.
- Volunteering: The Mimico Children’s Choir is a largely volunteer-run organization, and we rely on all of our choir families to participate in volunteering over the course of the year. While we understand that not every family will be able to participate equally, please take the time to carefully fill out the Volunteer Form and let us know what kind of roles suit you best.
- Chorister Guidelines: Prior to returning this package, please take a moment to review our chorister guidelines, found at mimicochildrenschoir.com/guidelines-for-being-a-great-chorister/
Also, please save the following important dates (more details to come):
- Saturday, October 17th at 1 pm for our Annual General Meeting and Parent Orientation, taking place at the Mimico Baptist Church
- Saturday, November 7th for our first ever Choir Camp Day, also taking place at Mimico Baptist Church.
If you have any questions about fees, volunteering, or anything else about this package or the choir at large, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for joining us this season! We are so excited to have you!
Kim Schemeit & Jennifer Robinson, Directors
Judy Verseghy, Community Engagement Manager